GOING DEEP, THROUGH THE BODY
Teaching Self Enquiry, in any form, is perhaps the most challenging of all apparently safe human activities.
For it to be both effective and safe it is imperative that the teacher has
a clear understanding of the power mechanisms through which unconscious or deliberate
manipulation and exploitation so often take place in the teacher/student relationship.
Clarification of these power mechanisms and their distinction from natural and unavoidable power dynamics is central to our Trainings.
Our understanding of teaching with integrity is expressed in the following agreements.
1. NEVER PROMOTE ANY BEHAVIOURAL NORMS
2. NEVER PROMOTE ANY IDEOLOGICAL NORM
3. NEVER TAKE THE ROLE OF THERAPIST
4. NEVER TAKE THE ROLE OF COUNSELLOR
5. NEVER CLAIM NOR IMPLY KNOWLEDGE YOU DO NOT HAVE
6. NEVER CLAIM NOR IMPLY EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE NOT HAD
7. NEVER HIDE BEHIND YOUR TEACHERS
8. NEVER HIDE BEHIND TRADITION
9. NEVER HIDE BEHIND ANY IDEOLOGY
10. NEVER MAKE ANY PROMISES ABOUT YOUR TEACHING
11. NEVER SELL ANY PRODUCTS DURING OR AFTER CLASSES
12. ALWAYS QUESTION YOUR ACTIONS DEEPLY ENOUGH TO CHALLENGE THEIR UNCONSCIOUS ROOTS.